Subject: ErrorCode#insufficientResources.

I haven't had any idea that I think is better than
'insufficientResources', but it is possible that I have a mental block.
Could use some help from the list here.

The original purpose of 'count' and 'totalCount' was to indicate that a
search result was incomplete.  Either the query selected more objects
than the requestor specified in 'maxSelect' (formerly 'maxReturn'), or
the query selected more objects than the provider was willing or able to
handle.
(Since a provider is expected to queue for subsequent iteration any
object in the search result that the provider does not return in the
original <searchResponse>, this imposes a significant resource burden on
the provider.  The provider may have fixed limits, or the limits may
depend on conditions including currently outstanding requests, but it is
always possible that the resource burden will be too great.)

In such cases, Jeff and I proposed that the search operation should fail
(rather than returning a 'count' smaller than 'totalCount').  Jeff
believes that a totalCount may not always be available, and we both
agreed that a failure was more explicit.

I suggested error='insufficientResources' because this seems clearest to
me.  That is, it clearly describes the condition that 'count' and
'totalCount' were intended to communicate.  Jeff points out that a
number of other back-end failures are possible, but I believe that a
provider *always* faces the possibility of back-end failures. (Perhaps
we should add *another* value of ErrorCode that indicates (or wraps) a
back-end failure?) In this case, however, we're talking about *limits*
rather than back-end failures.

So, how about some suggestions?
- error='insufficientResources'?
  (Jeff thinks this is too specific and none of the client's business.)
- error='exceedsLimit'?
- error='exceedsProviderLimit'?