Subject: RE: Session context token?

It sounds very useful. But would such a session token provide functionality not already provided in other specifications such as WS-CAF (or more specifically WS-Context)?

Jeff Bohren
BMC

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Gary P Cole [mailto:Gary.P.Cole@Sun.COM]
	Sent: Mon 6/27/2005 1:54 PM
	To: Bohren, Jeffrey
	Cc: PSTC
	Subject: Session context token?

	Jeff,

	Kent Spaulding, the developer working on Sun's SPML2 implementation for
	the Interop, points out that our previous provider implementation
	returns an opaque token (in our case, a "sessionID") that represents the
	logical session (or perhaps session context).  If the requestor passes
	this token as part of subsequent requests, it saves a great deal of
	processing on the provider's side.  It may also assist with audit
	logging, which you've indicated you expect will become important.

	I believe that this feature (i.e., an opaque and optional session
	context element returned by the provider and passed by the requestor as
	part of subsequent requests) may be important enough and general enough
	to recognize as part of the specification.  I'd like to know what other
	members and participants think.

	Would you be willing to consider this issue?