Subject: RE: [provision] SchemaType needs annotation.

I can put that in draft 25 (which I am finishing up now). But it should
refer to "profile specific schema definitions" rather than xsd:schema.
For instance it would be spmldsml:schema elements in the DSML Profile.

Jeff Bohren
BMC

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary P Cole [mailto:Gary.P.Cole@Sun.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 9:43 AM
To: PSTC
Subject: [provision] SchemaType needs annotation.

SchemaType should have an annotation that describes its use of open
content for specified behavior. The annotation can be brief, but it
should get across the idea that an <spml:schema> may refer to an
<xsd:schema> document or may contain an <xsd:schema> document as open
content.

This instance deserves annotation because we rely on open content for
behavior that is specified in the protocol (rather than simply to allow
for behavior that is unspecified).

I'm also guided in this by the questions and issues raised by Kent
Spaulding, the developer working on our implementation for the Interop.

Things that are unclear to him are likely to be unclear to others less
familiar with SPML2.