Subject: V 2.0 Interop Event, CA Demo Implementation

It shows that some requests sent to our SPML Service have been processed successfully. For those that failed, here are the common reasons:

  1. The SPML request was not compliant to V2 standard. We are using draft 25 of the XSDs.
  2. The login name did not include the user’s domain name and a backslash in the format Domain\Username. Please use NOHOPE\administrator as the login name and note that this is case-sensitive.
  3. The authentication header in the incoming HTTP request does not contain valid data.

Besides, our SPML Service only recognises Objects’ IDs that are in the following format:

OBJECT_TYPE=NAME_OF_OBJECT,Domain=NOHOPE,Server=Server

For example, here is the PSO Identifier for a role called “YOUR_ROLE_NAME”:

    <psoID ID="Role=YOUR_ROLE_NAME,Domain=NOHOPE,Server=Server"/>

And here is the PSO Identifier for a user called “YOUR_USER_NAME”:

    <psoID ID="User=YOUR_USER_NAME,Domain=NOHOPE,Server=Server"/>

By the way, we have patched our demo SPML V2 WS to provide a user-friendly error message when the psoID field, which is a required field for certain types of requests in our SPML implementation, is not specified in the incoming request. Thank you all for dropping by J.

Regards,

Van Bui

eTrust, Computer Associates

Melbourne, Australia