Subject: RE: [provision] Attributes Correspondence--now with RACF.

I believe that each should be decided on a case by case basis. Every
schema may include an attribute that is seldom used in practice.

I definitely do not want this to turn into a "superset" of all schemas.

Jeff B.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary.P.Cole [mailto:Gary.P.Cole@Sun.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 9:57 AM
To: PSTC

Still haven't added Liberty Person or Liberty Employee--Jeff Bohren
suggested that we do that.  However, patterns are starting to form--or
maybe I've just been looking at this too long. ;-)
It would be nice at some point to put these schema attributes and
correspondences into a database so that we could analyze data, report
results and people could contribute additional schemas or revised
correspondences.

I'm trying to remove the emotion (as much as possible) from the process
of selecting "standard" attributes. I have no problem special-casing a
few favorites (and the attributes that model standard capabilities
probably get a pass as "operational" attributes), but I'd like the
criteria for selecting the rest of the attributes to be as objective as
possible.

My biggest question is this:  In general, at what threshold of
functional correspondence (commonality) we should nominate/consider an
attribute to be "standard"?
A) Every schema must have an attribute that functionally corresponds.
B) The majority of schemas must have an attribute that functionally
corresponds.
C) More than one schema must have an attribute that functionally
corresponds.
D) One schema must have an attribute that functionally corresponds.

What do you all think?