Subject: RE: [provision] Re: Domain Model for Identity Management (Standard Schema ERD).

Gary,

I did review this and planned to discuss this on the call today. My
thoughts are:

I don't think we want to introduce policies into this schema (the Host
and Privilege object classes and their associated references). I don't
think it is feasible to devise a policy schema that is generic enough
for the Standard schema. If we want to address policy then we should
look at possibly using XACML. Or possibly it should be another scheme
that depends on this schema.

The TypeOfAccount object class is unnecessary in the DSML profile as all
DSML objects have an object class (which can be multi-valued). This is
an interesting issue because this is the first case in which we have a
profile specific part of the schema.

There should be an associate between roles and groups. In other words a
group can have a role just like a person can have a role.

We need to better distinguish between Person and Account objects. They
should not have the same attributes.

Jeff B.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary.P.Cole [mailto:Gary.P.Cole@Sun.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 9:33 AM
To: PSTC
Subject: [provision] Re: Domain Model for Identity Management (Standard
Schema ERD).

I haven't seen any comment on the list about this information model.
So, what does this mean?
A) Everyone loves it (and thinks it's just great as-is)?
B) Everyone hates it (but cannot bring themselves to say so)?
C) Everyone's busy with something else?
D) Sun's mail servers discarded all the replies that came to the list?

I'm glad to work on this, but I don't want to go too far beyond what is
generally agreed.  (That would  seem to be bad in an effort aimed at
interoperability.)