Subject: Status of TC?

Hello everyone,

  This TC is now without a chair due to Kent's departure. It appears that there hasn't been a meeting for quite some time and I have been derelict in my duties.

  OASIS Policy states:
"2.15 Closing a TC

"A TC may be closed by Full Majority Vote of the TC, by Resolution of the OASIS Board of Directors, or by the OASIS TC Administrator.

"The TC Administrator must close a TC that has completed the deliverables listed in its Charter if the TC does not add new deliverables or that fails to elect a Chair for the period provided in Section 2.7.

"The TC Administrator may close a TC that fails to conduct at least one Quorate Meeting or conduct any Specification Ballots during any six month period; whose membership falls below the Minimum Membership; which has not completed its deliverables within the schedule listed in its Charter; or which has failed to show progress towards achieving its purpose as defined by its Charter."

From what I can tell there hasn't been a meeting of the TC since April 2008 (2 years); and there are currently no voting members. Unless a sufficient number of members feels there is a strong case to be made for keeping the TC open, I will plan on closing the TC 1 May 2010.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Director, Standards Development
Technical Committee Administrator
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org
twitter: @fiberartisan  #oasisopen
phone: 1.603.232.9090

Standards are like parachutes: they work best when they're open.