Subject: use cases : what form and how detailed ?

Greetings,

I have recently joined the PSTC, and I can state that there is renewed
interest in higher-ed regarding provisioning.

I am contemplating use cases regarding federated group provisioning as
well as privilege and access management provisioning as part of work
being done by Internet2.

My question is, what form and how detailed should these use cases be ?
any examples from previous work ?

Tom

Grouper (group management toolkit)
http://www.internet2.edu/grouper

MACE-paccman (privilege and access management working group)
http://middleware.internet2.edu/paccman