Subject: SAML 2.0 Profile of SPML 2.0 Submission v0.5

Robin Cover located the draft submission to the SSTC of a Profile of
SPMLv2 that was specific to SAMLv2.  (Thanks, Robin.)  I've attached
that document in two formats: PDF and MS-Word (.doc).  Based on a
quick scan, this looks very similar to the DSML Profile of SPMLv2,
except that:
- the PSO ID is a SAML NameIdentifier.
- the PSO data consists of SAML Attribute elements.
- for Schema used in listTargets, the profile defines
'objectClassDefinition' and 'attributeDefinition' elements.
- for Search, the SAML profile defines its own elements to use in
creating search filters.

In reading this draft submission, beware inconsistencies and possible
typographical errors.  For example:
- In some cases, 'objectClassDefinition' is 'objectDef'
- In some cases, 'attributeDefinition' is 'attrDef'.
- In some cases, 'NameIdentifier' is 'NameID'.
- The example search response contains an <objectDef> element that it
should not.
- The search filter syntax may not be fully-baked.

SAMLv2-Profile-of-SPMLv2.doc

SAMLv2-Profile-of-SPMLv2.pdf