Subject: Groups - Bi-weekly PSTC meeting modified

Bi-weekly PSTC meeting has been modified by Daniel Perry

Date:  Monday, 28 February 2011
Time:  02:00pm - 03:00pm ET

Event Description:
This is for the biweekly PSTC meeting. This will occur every other Monday at 2pm EST. We will be using the following dial-in (same as on past calls): +1 (866) 434-5269 x 9406791

Agenda:
Agenda
1. Call Roll.
2. Approve Minutes from 2/14/2011 (posted on calendar event).
3. Review ForgotMyPassword use-case on Wiki: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/provision/ForgotMyPassword
- NOTE: As we review this use-case, we will also review implicitly the draft template for use-cases: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/provision/TemplateForUseCase

Minutes:
Meeting Date: February 28th, 2011
Meeting Time: 2PM Eastern
Location: Tel=866.434.5269 Meeting Number=9406791
Duration: Approximately 50 mins
Chairs: Richard Sand, Gary Cole
Recording Secretary: Dan Perry

Attendees:
Gary Cole (Oracle)
Karsten Huneycutt (UNC-Chapel Hill)
Hal Lockhart (Oracle)
Dan Perry (Skyworth TTG)
Tom Zeller (Internet2)
Marco Fanti (Oracle)
Kent Spaulding (Oracle)
Dale Olds (Novell)

Agenda:
1) Roll Call
2) Approval of 2/14 Minutes
3) Discuss ForgotMyPassword use case
4) AOB

1) Roll Call
- Dan took roll.
- Quorum was achieved (5 of 6 voting members attended)
- Voting status changes:
  Dan Perry and Marco Fanti gained voting status.

2) Approval of Feb 14th Meeting Minutes
- Gary Cole moves to approve the 2/14 minutes
- No objections.

3) Discuss ForgotMyPassword Use Case
- Gary Cole: (Reads through the use case on the wiki.  Below are the points of discussion)

- Dan Perry: Suggests combining the first and third cases into a single case.
- Hal Lockhart: States that it's simpler to keep the two scenarios separate.
- Gary Cole: Agrees with Hal
- Dan Perry: Realizes the difference between the two cases and agrees now.

- Hal Lockhart: Mentions that idea of using SPML as a communication channel between a forgot-my-password app and the providing service is to standardize handling of the policy and challenge questions.   The client should not be trusted to execute the forgotten password process.
- Gary Cole: Agrees

- Tom Zeller: Asks if this use case should handle the process of allowing users to update their challenge question answers.
- Dan Perry: States that the cases we are talking about are not 'authenticated' steps in the typical sense, and that although updating the answers is related, it should be handle in a separate use case that works using an authenticated profile update.

- Dan Perry: Asks about whether this use case should handle collecting challenges responses for new or newly migrating users.
- Gary Cole: States that the process of collecting responses should be handled as part of a user registration process.

- Gary Cole: Asks if we should combine the other cases discussed just now (challenge question update and challenge response collection)
- Hal Lockhart: No, keep those cases separate.

4) AOB
- Gary Cole: Asks if there is any other business to discuss.
- Gary Cole: (Summarizes the points discussed just now regarding the forgot my password use case)
- Gary Cole: Asks if there are other volunteers for doing additional use cases.
- Hal Lockhart: States that we don't want to discourage anyone from volunteering.  Also states that typically the people who advocated the case will handle writing it up.
- Gary Cole: Volunteers his time to help anyone needing assistance in putting out use cases.
- Gary Cole: States that it would be really helpful if people would set forward in working on the use cases.

- Gary Cole: Asks if there are any other topics to discuss.
- No other topics were mentioned.

This event is one in a list of recurring events.
Other event dates in this series:

Monday, 31 January 2011, 02:00pm to 03:00pm ET
Monday, 14 February 2011, 02:00pm to 03:00pm ET
Monday, 14 March 2011, 02:00pm to 03:00pm ET
Monday, 28 March 2011, 02:00pm to 03:00pm ET
Monday, 11 April 2011, 02:00pm to 03:00pm ET
Monday, 25 April 2011, 02:00pm to 03:00pm ET
Monday, 09 May 2011, 02:00pm to 03:00pm ET
Monday, 23 May 2011, 02:00pm to 03:00pm ET
Monday, 06 June 2011, 02:00pm to 03:00pm ET
Monday, 20 June 2011, 02:00pm to 03:00pm ET

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/provision/event.php?event_id=29595

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20110310T000000Z
DTSTART:20110228T190000Z
DTEND:20110228T200000Z
SEQUENCE:7
SUMMARY:Bi-weekly PSTC meeting
  Monday at 2pm EST. We will be using the following dial-in (same as on
  past calls): +1 (866) 434-5269 x 9406791\n\nGroup: OASIS Provisioning
  Services TC\nCreator: Richard Sand
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/provision/event.php?event_id=29595
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/provision/event.php?event_id=29595
END:VEVENT