Subject: RE: Batch Lookup (was "Re: ReadOnlyProfile")

Gary,

>Search gives you by default the equivalent of a batch lookup.

So it does, and a constrained-search profile would meet the functionality we are looking for (based on your description below).  Our perspective was shaped in a lot of ways by the reluctance of product implementations to implement anything beyond the basic operations on a SPML provider.  Search is an optional capability (and so is batch, but thought that it would be easier to make a case for it).

I would be interested to get the perspective of folks who are product implementors to see what would be "easier" to implement for them going forward. At the end of the road, we are looking for something that will exist in real-life within products and not just as shelf-ware.

Regards,

- Anil