public-sector-cloud-discuss message

Subject: GovCloud SaaS - Best practice assurance

Hey folks

I've started engaging with some public sector bodies here in Ontario that
would seem to provide an ideal use case for this group.

They are about to issue an RFP for software they want to source via a SaaS
model, and they want an assessment framework for rating each of the
respondents.

We have half of this ready to go in that the Cloud Security Alliance
provides a body of controls for the security side, and an assessment
system for using these. So the missing piece is then the additional
controls that would provide a complete program, that can be added into the
assessment system.

This would seem to be the purpose of this group, and OASIS would an
entirely logical organization to source these standards from. They could
then be used by any other agencies for their Cloud RFP procurement too.

So how about we fire up the tc and aim to produce these deliverables?

Cheers,

--
Neil McEvoy
Founder and President