pubrel-chair message

Subject: Request to join OASIS Public Relations Group Approved

Welcome to the OASIS Public Relations Group.

Please watch for mail from this group for announcements regarding upcoming press releases and other promotional activity.  The subject line from this group is configured to help you easily identify this mail and enable any mail sorting techniques you may use.

Copies of any mail sent to this group, along with posted documents, calendar of deadlines etc can be found on the Group page and will be included on your "My Groups" page, available from the members-only area of the website.

You should feel welcome to ask about participating in any activity and suggest activities you feel important.  We welcome the opportunity to know what is important to you and your company so we may work to make it happen.

As you become more active in Public Relations work in OASIS, you should know all members of OASIS must abide by the OASIS Media Relations Policy.  We encourage you to review this policy, found at http://www.oasis-open.org/news/media_relations_policy.php

OASIS is proud of our success driving adoption of our technical work and the business values our member's derive from these activities.

Please encourage others in your company, or other member companies, to join our PR Group.  If your work is so focused on marketing and PR activities, and you find other mail from OASIS distracting, let us know, so we can help you balance your need for information with your focus.

Again, welcome!

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications
OASIS