[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: FAQ for the QUOMOS TC site (and partly, this message is a test of my ability to email to the group)
As a follow-up to my request for members to submit any questions (and answers) for the QUOMOS FAQ page, here are the set of suggested questions from OASIS. Material addressing any of these questions is gratefully accepted. Just send it back to the list.
1. What is the rationale behind this standardization effort? What is the
motivation of the sponsors/authors?
2. What is the scope of this effort? What is explicitly out-of-scope,
3. Are there existing comparable or overlapping standards, or comparable
standardization efforts currently under way (inside or outside OASIS)?
How does the work of this technical committee relate to these?
What distinguishes this TC from similar work?
How do the differences add value?
4. Is the product of this technical committee intended to be used in
conjunction with other standards or complementary technologies?
What are these?
How does this work relate to these (is the usage of these complements
mandatory? optional? restricted or profiled?)
5. Can you give some example of concrete applications that will benefit
from standardizing the specifications from this TC?
6. Is it anticipated that TC deliverables will be broadly used,
deployed, and/or implemented?
Or are the deliverables intended for a narrow audience, possibly
including only the TC membership?
7. Do you see external factors that should help a broad acceptance and
deployment of the specifications from this TC?
And factors that may potentially hinder a broad acceptance and deployment?
8. Do you know of companies or industry verticals that have already
expressed interest in using the specification(s) produced by the TC in
their products or services?
9. Regarding the adoption of this specification(s) by a vendor for its
products: is this a decision that vendor companies can make individually,
or are the interoperability aspects important enough to require
industry-wide, coordinated adoption ?
10. Have the authors and their companies considered further ways to
promote the produced specification(s) after completion (PR, marketing,
campaigns, industry consortia....)
11. What are the security implications, if any, of this effort?
Steve Ray and Frank Olken, Co-Chairs
OASIS QUOMOS TC
Steven R. Ray, Ph.D.
Distinguished Research Fellow
Carnegie Mellon University
NASA Research Park
Building 23 (MS 23-11)
Phone: (650) 587-3780
Cell: (202) 316-6481