quomos message

Subject: RE: [quomos-comment] Informatics and quantity calculus

Marcus,

                I would like to compliment you on your fascinating article in Metrologia. Perhaps you were responsible for my receiving the link to the article: http://herald.iop.org/met/m17/sxp//link/4035 from them recently. Your arguments directly support our QUOMOS effort, where we continue to argue the case for a more formal and rigorous representation for quantities, units and dimensions, and will hopefully provide ammunition for increased participation.

                I am copying the QUOMOS committee on this email, as they might not have seen your posting to quomos-comment.

Thanks again for a thoughtful piece.

Steven R. Ray, Ph.D.

Distinguished Research Fellow

Carnegie Mellon University