regrep-comment message

Subject: Re: [regrep-comment] Public Comment

comment-form@oasis-open.org wrote:

>Comment from: mbdavis@vividsolutions.com
>
>The class RepositoryItem is referred to many places in the ebRIM 3.0 spec, yet I can't see anywhere in the document where it is defined.  Is this deliberate, or an oversight?

Dear Ms./Mr. Davis,

RepositoryItem is defined in section 1.5 of ebRIM 3.0 spec as follows:

"
1.5 RepositoryItems and RegistryObjects
An ebXML Registry is capable of storing any type of electronic content
such as XML documents, text
documents, images, sound and video. Instances of such content are
referred to as a RepositorytItems.
RepositorytItems are stored in a content repository provided by the
ebXML Registry.
"

RepositoryItems are different from RIM classes since they represent
arbitrary content where as RIM classes represent standard Metadata
defined for ebXML Registry.
An instance of RepositoryItem content can be any electronic file such as
a GIF image, XML Schema file or WSDL file.

Please let us know if the description in section 1.5 needs specific
improvements.
Thank you for helping us improve our specifications.

--
Regards,
Farrukh