regrep-comment message

Subject: Re: [regrep-comment] Public Comment

comment-form@oasis-open.org wrote:
> Comment from: jwitt@covisint.com
>
> Name: Joseph Witt
> Title: Software Solutions Architect
> Regarding Specification: v3.0 RIM
> I am in the process of creating an architecture document which utilizes ebXML registry as a core component.  I am wondering if it would be possible to get the RMI UML model preferably in XMI so I can load in my tool.

Hi Joseph,

The term "core component" has a special meaning in ebXML (yes I agree it
was not the best choice).

I assume you meant to say:

"I am in the process of creating an architecture document which utilizes ebXML registry as an important infrastructure component."

This sounds very good. On a personal note, if you want, I would be glad
to review your draft before it goes final.

The ebXML Registry Information Model's UML model was done using Together
4.2. The source is actually java code and is available in open source.
However, it is not available in XMI. I understand that later versions of
Together supported XMI but I do not have that version. You could try
checking out the code and then use a different UML tool that can reverse
engineer Java code or use a later version of Together with XMI support.

To get access to the source please see following FAQ entry and use the
string "ebxmlrr-spec" without the quotes for modulename in cvs commands:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1043009&group_id=37074&atid=627327

Let me know if the regrep TC can be of further assistance on your need.
Thanks you.

--
Regards,
Farrukh