regrep-comment message

Subject: Re: [regrep-comment] Compatibility between section 3.4 of the ebXMLRS and SOAP 1.1

andreas.veithen@gfi.be wrote:
> Dear all!
>
> I was wondering whether the section 3.4 of the current version of the
> ebXML RS specification is actually compatible with the SOAP specification.
> This section specifies that "The faultCode [...] MUST be the name of the
> Exception qualified by the URN prefix:
> urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxmlregrep:rs:exception:". Based on the example
> provided in this section, a valid faultcode element would look as follows:
>
> <faultcode>urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxmlregrep:rs:exception:ObjectNotFoundException</faultcode>
>
> On the other hand, the SOAP 1.1 specification which is used as normative
> reference says that "the faultcode value MUST be a qualified name as
> defined in [W3C Recommendation 'Namespaces in XML']". How does the above
> example conform to this requirement? My interpretation of the standards is
> that the faultcode element should be written as follows:
>
> <faultcode
> xmlns:ex="urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxmlregrep:rs:exception">ex:ObjectNotFoundException</faultcode>
>
> What is your opinion?

Hi Andreas,

You are correct and this is indeed a bug in regrep 3.0 and 3.01 specs.
In cases such as this where the regrep spec contradicts normative
dependency specs,
implementations SHOULD conform to the normative dependency spec.

We will fix this bug in the next version of our errata and specs.

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

--
Regards,
Farrukh