regrep-comresolve message

Subject: [regrep-comresolve] FW: [regrep] FW: OASIS ebXML TC meeting minutes:3/7/2002

Here is a simple excel spreadsheet that we might want to consider using for
our comment mgmt.  I have already forwarded Farrukh's suggested database as
an alternative approach.

a quick comparison
			excel file		access database
size			<30KB			1.4MB
ease of use		very easy		complex, should save to
						disk 1st and then launch
flexibility		rigid			very good for query and
						reporting
complete		simple		very complete

We have two weeks to collect all comments, provide for some resolution
analysis and post a note back to the voting Oasis members.  Let's make a
decision quickly here and move on.

Joel

 -----Original Message-----
From: Munter, Joel D [mailto:joel.d.munter@intel.com]
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 11:47 AM
To: 'Oasis Registry TC'
Cc: 'Oasis RR Spec Comments'

Kathryn, et al

Attached is a form that I created and have found useful for other spec
comment/closure loop related efforts.  This simple Excel spreadsheet allows
the comment to be captured, numbered, and addressed to a specific version,
and statements about the comment to be captured.  It is then expected that
the commenter review the disposition prior to the comment being "finally
closed."  There are some example comments in the template.  I have posted it
here for your reference and will do so on comment sub-team list once that is
in full use.  There is no need for a complicated database related effort.
For those that do not support Excel, I can easily provide a PDF version of
this.

Joel