regrep-comresolve message

Subject: RE: [regrep-comresolve] Some other V2 Spec comments

reply: Farrukh, et al

Sifting through all comments received since the V2 Specs were released IS
THE PRUDENT thing to do.  During the last call, we accepted the fact that
some comments have come in through the "formal" list while others have come
into through other means.  Accepting some because they came in through one
list while ignoring others is just plain wrong.

In my research (in this thread below) there are less than a dozen true
comments.  Some were questions that simply needed clarification but some
e.g., the BP catalog team) are crucial to the validity of key elements
within the V2 Reg/Rep specs.  Reviewing all of these is critical to gaining
an understanding of the perceived and real issues that are present within
the V2 Reg/Rep specifications.  To be very frank, having an Oasis voting
member level awareness of these issues is critical to my company's vote on
these specifications.

I have provided pointers to my specific comments three times, but I will do
so in a separate note to the comment resolution team again.

There are cases in this short list where you have replied either privately
and or on the list where the question was posed.  Some of your individual
resolution sub-team.  Because some of your replies were private, it is
difficult if not impossible to even assess them.

As the comment resolution sub-team has yet to meet or conduct successful
eMail threads on its own list yet, there has been no assignment of you as
comment-list manager.  If you want it, you got it.  If you do not want it,
or do not have the bandwidth to manage these dozen or so comments during the
next few weeks, then I'll take it.

I am unsure why you chose to cross post my sub-team note back to the parent
Reg/Rep team list but since you have, I assume that you had good reason to,
so I copied that list on this reply as well.

Joel