regrep-comresolve message

Subject: RE: [regrep-comresolve] Re: [regrep-comment] ServiceBinding and SpecificationLink asLeafRegistryObject element?

What you suggest is fine; however, I offer the following constructve
criticism.

With respect to V3 efforts, as the work has not been fully scoped nor even
drafted, it is difficult to predict what exactly will be in the V3 spec's.
I would like you to consider changing the "will" to a "may" in "...In V3 we
will include..."  Or you may wish some other form of softer language or
phrasing.

Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM]
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 8:42 AM
To: 'Oasis RR Comment Resolution'
Subject: [regrep-comresolve] Re: [regrep-comment] ServiceBinding and
SpecificationLink asLeafRegistryObject element?

Team,

Below is suggested reply to this comment:

---------------------

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your comments on the OASIS ebXML Registry V2 specifications.

The long term direction of the specifications is that any leaf
RegistryObject should be able to be submitted
by itself even if it is a composed object within a parent object. In such
cases the composed
object must reference an existing parent object in the registry.

The ability to submit/update a composed object without its parent object is
a future feature. In V3
we will include the optional ability to specify a parent attribute in all
composed
RegistryObject classes. This will allow a composed object to be submitted
without the accompanying
parent object.

Until then, as you point out,  it is semantically meaningless to submit a
composed object (e.g. ServiceBInding)
without its parent (e.g. Service). V2 implementations should detect and
report such cases as an Error condition.

--
Regards,
Farrukh

Paul Teasdale wrote:

> Can I assume that the specs are in error when specifying ServiceBinding
and SpecificationLink as being Leaf objects? Hence, they can only be
submitted/updated as child elements of Service and ServiceBinding
respectively?