regrep-cooperating message

Subject: Re: Use Case Submission: Need a global registry to publish/discoverebXMLRegistries

Dan,

It is the globality of UDDI that makes it special for this use case. Otherwise ebXMl Registries could be
registered in any other ebXML Registry. BTW This use case came from Scott Hinkleman in Feb at the ebXML
Vienna meeting. I do not think we shoudl remove the word global for this reason.

Dan Chang wrote:

> Farrukh,
>
> This is a good use case. However, I would like to suggest that you remove
> the word "global" since a UDDI registry can be "global" or "private" (i.e.,
> less than "global")..
>
> Regards,  Dan
>
> Metadata Management Technology and Standard
> IBM DBTI for e-Business
> Notes:     Dan Chang/Santa Teresa/IBM@IBMUS
> Internet:  dtchang@us.ibm.com
> VM:          IBMUSM50(DTCHANG)
> Phone:    (408)-463-2319
>

>                     Farrukh Najmi
>                     <Farrukh.Najmi       To:     "regrep-cooperating@lists.oasis-open.org"
>                     @sun.com>             <regrep-cooperating@lists.oasis-open.org>
>                                          cc:
>                     10/04/01 11:17       Subject:     Use Case Submission: Need a global registry to
>                     AM                    publish/discover ebXML Registries
>

> Team,
>
> Here is another use case.
>
> Use Case Description
> ----------------------
> ebXML Registries need to be published into and discovered in a global
> registry to facilitate their being
> used more pervasively by ebXMl Regsitry clients. For example ebXML
> Registries may be published in the global UDDI
> registry and subsequently discover in the UDDI registry by potential
> clients.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Farrukh

Regards,
Farrukh

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Dr. MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh Najmi
end:vcard