regrep-cooperating message

Subject: [regrep-cooperating] Update: Global Registry Ballot: Consideration ofV2 specs.

Last Month this ballot passed.

Ballot name: Use case Registration in Global Registries.
(Email discussing background and motivation is found at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep/200111/msg00101.html .)

Ballot statement: "Use Case Description - ebXML Registries need
to be published into and discovered in a global registry to facilitate their
being used more pervasively by ebXML Registry clients. For example
ebXML Registries may be published in the global UDDI registry and
subsequently discovered in the UDDI registry by potential clients."

I am in the process of testing the tModels that will support this.  A preliminary version of the tModels are currently available for viewing/query at http://test.uddi.microsoft.com.  Simply search for tModels with a name starting with "ebXML."  My original proposal to the [regrep] team at the last FTF showed the definition of the tModels based on the previously approved ebXML V1 Reg/Rep specifications.

I believe that since our Oasis TC has now approved the Oasis V2 Reg/Rep specifications, that I should update the tModels that are being proposed.  The UDDI tModels should be based on the Oasis ebXML Reg/Rep V2 specifications.  This is now the approach that I plan to take.  As always, your comments, both positive or negative, are welcome.

Joel