regrep-cooperating message

Subject: RE: [regrep-cooperating] Federation Protocol Profile

Here is Karl's response to my question:

Kathryn:

The intent is still that the various modules be implementable separately
as well as together.

There is no accepted architecture document later than v1 adopted a year
ago.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations
+1 978.667.5115 x206

From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM]
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 5:00 AM
To: Lisa Carnahan
Cc: regrep-cooperating@lists.oasis-open.org; Dale Moberg

I like Lisa's suggetsion. That still leaves the issue of IPR. The final word
on it
is at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-cppa/documents/ibm_ipr_statement.
shtml

I am not a lawyer so can someone tell me what the implications are from this
statement.

--
Regards,
Farrukh

Lisa Carnahan wrote:

> OK.  If we don't want to go down the road 'of making a good case' I think
> the language that I proposed may suffice.  It basically says that ebXML
> CPPs are not required, however we have defined their usage (binding...sort
> of) and have not defined 'the binding' for any other formally defined CPP.
>
> --lisa
>
> At 04:14 PM 5/22/2002 -0700, Matthew MacKenzie wrote:
> >Group,
> >
> >The official word is that specs do have to be independent from one an
> >other, but if we can make a really good case that can change.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Matt
> >
> >On Wednesday, May 22, 2002, at 06:53  AM, Lisa Carnahan wrote:
> >

> >>Farrukh,
> >>
> >>Perhaps clarification should also be obtained on whether ebXML specs are
> >>still supposed to be independent from each other.  I don't have the
> >>lastest ebXML architecture document handy.  If the requirement for
> >>independence still exists, we can make the use of CPP/A informative with
> >>a statement saying that 'using CPP/A is not required; however
> >>interoperability cannot be guaranteed if other mechanisms are used.'
> >>This is similar language to what we used for ebXML messaging.  This
> >>shouldn't slow you down.
> >>
> >>Does anyone know that status of the requirement?  I hadn't heard that it
> >>changed from ebXML V1.0 in May2001.
> >>
> >>--lisa

Note

LifeCycleManager).