regrep-cooperating message

Subject: Re: [regrep-cooperating] No team meeting today

Joel,

Thanks for the feedback.  I thought the reference did have a link, I
will remedy that.  As for it being voted on, no, of course it wasn't.
Its referred to because it is not an agreed upon standard.  I omitted
reference to approved standards and documents because they are implied.
This might be an incorrect approach, but I don't want to dwell on it.

Security was already a TODO, I will address that in the next rev.

As for the GET/POST comment, It is true that most of the operations use
POST with the exception of the QueryManager interface.  This is a bit
challenging because most registry operations can have requests that are
of arbitrary lengths, which can pose problems for HTTP GET
implementations.  The informal rule with REST is that POST is somewhat
acceptable if the resource is being modified by the request (state
change).  That's why the QueryManager section goes out of its way to use
GET: the resource's state isn't being changed.  I'll see what I can do
to make this more clear.

Thanks _a lot_ for the review,

Matt

Matthew MacKenzie