regrep-ex-scheme message

Subject: ExternalClassification proposal

Folks,

Here is a proposal for external classification.

Create a new sub-class of Classification called ExternalClassification.
This class defined the following attributes (note that not all inherited
attributes arementioned)

Example
---------
Lets assume we are classifying an Organization by an ExternalClassifier
for the NAICS "Automobile and Light Duty Motor Vehicle Manufacturing"
category which has name "Automobile and Light Duty Motor Vehicle
Manufacturing" and value "33611" in NAICS.
NAICS classification scheme has a name (URN) "ntis-gov:naics:1997".

Attribute classificationScheme
--------------------------------
This would be the URN for an external  classificationScheme and in our
example would be "ntis-gov:naics:1997".

Inherited name Attribute
-------------------------
This would be equivalent to the human friendly name attribute in a
ClassificationNode. So if the ExternalClassification is as in our
example the name attribute would be "Automobile and Light Duty Motor
Vehicle Manufacturing"

Attribute value
---------------
This would be equivalent to the code attribute in ClassificationNode.
(We should consider changing code in ClassificationNode to value.)
It is a coded value under a classification scheme and in our example
would be "33611"

Summary
---------
Attching an ExternalClassification with above attribute values to an
Organization says that the Organization is externally classified by
NAICS scheme as an Automobile and Light Duty Motor Vehicle Manufacturer.

--
Regards,
Farrukh

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Dr. MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh Najmi
end:vcard