regrep-query message

Subject: re: FilterQuery and Support for pattern matching

I concur, although I feel that we should specify a simplistic matching
syntax that is very conscious of performance issues - possibly just
the '%' functionality which is easily implemented and have it as a non-
optional feature for vendors, as well as adopt an optional interface
which allows for full POSIX regexps to be specified (which will
invariably be a dog performance wise).  This way, it will be possible
for developers to formulate relatively useful, yet portable queries.

Cheers,

Matt