regrep-query message

Subject: open issues

Team,

The following is my reading of the current status of the two open issues
that we identified during last Friday's telecon:

(1) PathRepresentation/PathElement/XPath/ClassificationNode.getPath()
      Farrukh has demonstrated the feasibility of using XPath expressions
to represent ClassificationScheme/ClassificationNode paths.
      However, there are issues which have been brought up and which need
to be resolved, such as the use of UUID vs. URN and the
      exact subset of XPath that we should support.

      To move this issue forward towards resolution, I believe, as a first
step, a concrete proposal must be made to RIM which specifies
      what ClassificationNode.getPath() is supposed to return. Farrukh has
drawn a good outline of this potential proposal, but someone
      needs to refine it and spell out all the details, including resolving
the issue of UUID vs. URN and the exact subset (or the whole) of
      XPath to be supported.

(2) "LIKE" predicate
      Len has demonstrated how this is likely to be. However, there are
issues remaining to be resolved.

      To move this issue forward towards resolution, I believe someone
needs to make a concrete proposal using what Len has done
      as a start and resolving any issues that Len has raised.

Please let me know if you volunteer to develop a concrete proposal for (2).
(1) is a RIM issue, so maybe Farrukh would like to handle it?

Regards,  Dan

Metadata Management Technology and Standard
IBM DBTI for e-Business
Notes:     Dan Chang/Santa Teresa/IBM@IBMUS
Internet:  dtchang@us.ibm.com
VM:          IBMUSM50(DTCHANG)