regrep-query message

Subject: RE: Canonical Path and Path Filter proposed specificatrion

Farrukh,

This is great, but you might want to change every occurrence of XPATH in
the document to PATH.  XPATH implies much more than simple traversal.

<rant relevance="medium">
Why on earth wasn't "ClassificationScheme" represented in a way that
made use of XML's inherent capability of displaying context?  For
example:

<ClassificationScheme id="1" name="Geography">
	<ClassificationNode id="1" name="North America">
		<ClassificationNode id="2" name="Canada">
			<ClassificationNode id="10" name="British
Columbia">
				<ClassificationNode id="2" name="Lower
Mainland">
					<ClassificationNode id="2"
name="Vancouver" />
					<ClassificationNode id="3"
name="Richmond" />
				</ClassificationNode>
			</ClassificationNode>
		</ClassificationNode>
	</ClassificationNode>
<ClassificationNode>

It seems as though XPATH-like is all the rage now, why not the data
representation as well?

</rant>

Matthew MacKenzie
XML Global Technologies, Inc.