regrep-query message

Subject: Re: Canonical Path and Path Filter proposed specificatrion

Query team,

One way to avoid the "SchemeURN" issue is to NOT require that the
classification scheme be identified as the first element returned in the
getPath() method.  Instead, we could rely on the separate, already
existing, getClassificationScheme() method to get an identifier for the
parent classification scheme. That would leave us free to specify that the
getPath() method returns just the delimited occurrences of "codes" from the
first to last nodes in the path.

Example: Assuming the NIACS Classification Scheme with the node having
code="441221" and name="Motorcycle Dealers" we should decide if getPath()
returns:

  Choice 1)   "/44/441/4412/44122/441221"
or
  Choice 2)   "urn:www.census.gov:naics:naicscod.txt/44/441/4412/44122/441221"

I realize that this is a personal preference decision and that either style
will work, but in view of the already existing method to get the
classification scheme, I see no compelling reason to repeat that
information in the getPath() method.

-- Len