regrep-query message

Subject: FilterQuery XML text

Query team,

Attached is a text document that gives the XML Element definitions for the
FilterQuery revision that I distributed to this list last week. i.e.

     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep-query/200109/msg00073.html

The source had a couple of typos (e.g. missing parentheses) that I've since
corrected.

The attached file validates OK according to the Turbo XML product from Tibco.

As I've said previously, I have no objection to translating these element
definitions into XML Schema, I'm just not the right person to do it. I
don't see anything inherently incorrect with having the Query specification
in terms of a DTD and the formal XML specification for conformance testing
as XML Schema.

-- Len

<!ELEMENT FilterQuery
 (   	RegistryEntryQuery
	|	AuditableEventQuery
	|	ClassificationNodeQuery
	|	RegistryPackageQuery
	|	OrganizationQuery        )>

<!ELEMENT FilterQueryResult
  (   RegistryEntryQueryResult
   |  AuditableEventQueryResult
   |  ClassificationNodeQueryResult
   |  RegistryPackageQueryResult
   |  OrganizationQueryResult   )>

<!ELEMENT RegistryEntryQueryResult ( RegistryEntryView* )>

<!ELEMENT RegistryEntryView EMPTY >
<!ATTLIST RegistryEntryView
	id	           CDATA     #REQUIRED
   name          CDATA     #REQUIRED
   contentURI    CDATA     #IMPLIED  >

<!ELEMENT AuditableEventQueryResult ( AuditableEventView* )>

<!ELEMENT AuditableEventView EMPTY >
<!ATTLIST AuditableEventView
	id            CDATA     #REQUIRED
   name          CDATA     #REQUIRED
   timestamp     CDATA     #REQUIRED  >

<!ELEMENT ClassificationNodeQueryResult (ClassificationNodeView*)>

<!ELEMENT ClassificationNodeView EMPTY >
<!ATTLIST ClassificationNodeView
	id            CDATA     #REQUIRED
   name          CDATA     #REQUIRED
	code          CDATA     #REQUIRED  >

<!ELEMENT RegistryPackageQueryResult ( RegistryPackageView* )>

<!ELEMENT RegistryPackageView EMPTY >
<!ATTLIST RegistryPackageView
	id            CDATA     #REQUIRED
   name          CDATA     #REQUIRED  >

<!ELEMENT OrganizationQueryResult ( OrganizationView* )>

<!ELEMENT OrganizationView EMPTY >
<!ATTLIST OrganizationView
	id            CDATA     #REQUIRED
	name          CDATA     #REQUIRED  >

<!ELEMENT RegistryEntryQuery
	(	RegistryEntryFilter?,
		SourceAssociationBranch*,
		TargetAssociationBranch*,
     	HasClassificationBranch*,
		SubmittingOrganizationBranch?,
		ResponsibleOrganizationBranch?,
		ExternalIdentifierBranch*,
		ExternalLinkBranch*,
		HasSlotBranch*,
		HasAuditableEventBranch*	)>

<!ELEMENT SourceAssociationBranch
  (	AssociationFilter?,
		( RegistryEntryFilter? | RegistryEntryQuery? ) )>

<!ELEMENT TargetAssociationBranch
  (	AssociationFilter?,
		( RegistryEntryFilter? | RegistryEntryQuery? ) )>

<!ELEMENT HasClassificationBranch
  (	ClassificationFilter?,
		FromSchemeBranch?,
		HasPathBranch?,
		LocalNodeBranch?,
		SubmittingOrganizationBranch?	)>

<!ELEMENT FromSchemeBranch
  (	ClassificationSchemeFilter | RegistryEntryQuery )>

<!ELEMENT HasPathBranch
  (	PathFilter | XpathNodeExpression | PathElementFilter+ )>

<!ELEMENT XpathNodeExpression  ( TO_BE_DETERMINED )>

<!ELEMENT LocalNodeBranch
  (	ClassificationNodeFilter? | ClassificationNodeQuery? )>

<!ELEMENT SubmittingOrganizationBranch
  ( 	OrganizationFilter  |  OrganizationQuery   )>

<!ELEMENT ResponsibleOrganizationBranch
  ( 	OrganizationFilter?  |  OrganizationQuery?   )>

<!ELEMENT ExternalIdentifierBranch
  (	ExternalIdentifierFilter?,
		SubmittingOrganizationBranch?	)>

<!ELEMENT ExternalLinkBranch
     (   ExternalLinkFilter               )>

<!ELEMENT HasSlotBranch
  (	SlotFilter?,
		SlotElementFilter*	)>

<!ELEMENT HasAuditableEventBranch
  (	AuditableEventFilter?  |  AuditableEventQuery? )>

<!ELEMENT AuditableEventQuery
  (	AuditableEventFilter?,
		RegistryEntryQuery*,
		InvokedByBranch?     )>

<!ELEMENT InvokedByBranch
  (	UserFilter?,
		OrganizationQuery?   )>

<!ELEMENT ClassificationNodeQuery
	(	ClassificationNodeFilter?,
		FromSchemeBranch?,
		HasPathBranch?,
		HasParentNodeBranch?,
			HasSubnodeBranch*          )>

<!ELEMENT HasParentNodeBranch
	(	ClassificationNodeFilter?,
		HasPathBranch?,
			HasParentNodeBranch?            )>

<!ELEMENT HasSubnodeBranch
	(	ClassificationNodeFilter?,
		HasPathBranch?,
		HasSubnodeBranch*             )>

<!ELEMENT RegistryPackageQuery
  (  	PackageFilter?,
		HasMemberBranch*     )>

<!ELEMENT HasMemberBranch
  (	RegistryEntryQuery?   )>

<!ELEMENT OrganizationQuery
  (  	OrganizationFilter?,
		SubmitsRegistryEntry*,
		HasParentOrganization?,
		InvokesEventBranch*   )>

<!ELEMENT SubmitsRegistryEntry ( RegistryEntryQuery? )>

<!ELEMENT HasParentOrganization
  (	OrganizationFilter?,
		HasParentOrganization?   )>

<!ELEMENT InvokesEventBranch
  (	UserFilter?,
		AuditableEventFilter?,
		RegistryEntryQuery?      )>

<!ELEMENT ReturnRegistryEntry
  (	RegistryEntryQuery,
		WithClassifications?,
		WithSourceAssociations?,
		WithTargetAssociations?,
		WithAuditableEvents?,
		WithExternalLinks?	)>

<!ELEMENT WithClassifications  ( ClassificationFilter? )>
<!ELEMENT WithSourceAssociations  ( AssociationFilter? )>
<!ELEMENT WithTargetAssociations  ( AssociationFilter? )>
<!ELEMENT WithAuditableEvents  ( AuditableEventFilter? )>
<!ELEMENT WithExternalLinks  ( ExternalLinkFilter? )>

<!ELEMENT ReturnRegistryEntryResult
	(	RegistryEntryMetadata*)>

<!ELEMENT RegistryEntryMetadata
	 (	RegistryEntry,
		Classification*,
		SourceAssociations?,
		TargetAssociations?,
		AuditableEvent*,
		ExternalLink*		)>

<!ELEMENT SourceAssociations ( Association* )>
<!ELEMENT TargetAssociations ( Association* )>

<!ELEMENT ReturnRepositoryItem
(	RegistryEntryQuery,
	RecursiveAssociationOption?,
	WithDescription?              )>

<!ELEMENT RecursiveAssociationOption ( AssociationType+ )>
<!ATTLIST RecursiveAssociationOption
		depthLimit   CDATA   #IMPLIED   >

<!ELEMENT AssociationType EMPTY >
<!ATTLIST AssociationType
		role   CDATA   #REQUIRED  >

<!ELEMENT WithDescription EMPTY >

<!ELEMENT ReturnRepositoryItemResult
	( RepositoryItem*)>

<!ELEMENT RepositoryItem
	(	  ClassificationSchemeRepresentation
		| RegistryPackageElements
		| ExtrinsicObjectFile
		| WithdrawnObject
		| ExternalRegistryItem      )>
<!ATTLIST RepositoryItem
	id              CDATA   #REQUIRED
	name            CDATA   #REQUIRED
	objectType      CDATA   #REQUIRED
	status          CDATA   #REQUIRED
	stability       CDATA   #REQUIRED
	contentURI      CDATA   #IMPLIED
	description     CDATA   #IMPLIED   >

<!ELEMENT ClassificationSchemeRepresentation
	(	ClassificationNode+                     )>

<!ELEMENT RegistryPackageElements
	(	RegistryObject*                      )>

<!ELEMENT ExtrinsicObjectFile  EMPTY  >
<!ATTLIST ExtrinsicObjectFile
	contentURI    CDATA    #REQUIRED   >

<!ELEMENT WithdrawnObject EMPTY >

<!ELEMENT ExternalRegistryItem EMPTY >

<!ELEMENT RegistryObjectFilter ( Clause )>

<!ELEMENT RegistryEntryFilter ( Clause )>

<!ELEMENT ExtrinsicObjectFilter ( Clause )>

<!ELEMENT PackageFilter ( Clause )>

<!ELEMENT OrganizationFilter ( Clause )>

<!ELEMENT ClassificationNodeFilter ( Clause )>

<!ELEMENT AssociationFilter ( Clause )>

<!ELEMENT ClassificationFilter ( Clause )>

<!ELEMENT ClassificationSchemeFilter ( Clause )>

<!ELEMENT ExternalLinkFilter ( Clause )>

<!ELEMENT ExternalIdentifierFilter ( Clause )>

<!ELEMENT SlotFilter ( Clause )>

<!ELEMENT AuditableEventFilter ( Clause )>

<!ELEMENT UserFilter ( Clause )>

<!ELEMENT PathFilter ( Clause )>

<!ELEMENT PathElementFilter ( Clause )>

<!ELEMENT SlotElementFilter ( Clause )>