regrep-query message

Subject: RE: getLevelNumber() method on ClassificationNode

Is there an original set of Requirements and Use Cases that led to these
specific capabilities?  Was this a carry-over from original ebXML
Specification work or from the original Oasis spec work or both?
Thanks,
Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: Len Gallagher [mailto:LGallagher@nist.gov]
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 1:12 PM
To: OASIS ebXML Registry

Query team,

At today's Query teleconference we were trying to decide if the Browse and
Drill Down Query Support in ebRS Section 8.1 was 100% superseded by the
capabilities of FilterQuery in Section 8.2.  I said: "No - not quite".
There is still the capability of Browse and Drill Down to take a
ClassificationNode instance as input and return all nodes in a specific
number of levels below the input node. For example, find all nodes in the
next 3 levels beneath the given node.

As a result of our deliberations, I agreed to write a proposal for a
getLevel() method to be included as an additional method for the
ClassificationNode class (cf ebRIM section 10.2.4).

That proposal is attached as a 2-page PDF document.

With the availability of this new method, FilterQuery is now 100% able to
do the things previously done by Browse and Drill Down.

-- Len

Len Gallagher                             LGallagher@nist.gov
NIST                                      Work: 301-975-3251
Bldg 820  Room 562                        Home: 301-424-1928
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8970 USA           Fax: 301-948-6213