regrep-query message

Subject: [regrep-query] Kickoff of "Cursor support in registry queries" workitem for V3

Folks,

The query sub-team is about to begin in earnest on the "Cursor support in registry queries" work item for V3. The email discussion on this should be carried out on the regrep-query@lists.oasis-open.org mail alias. Those who wish to participate, please join the regrep-query@lists.oasis-open.org mailing list using the following web page:

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/ob/adm.pl

Use Cases Being Addressed By Work Item

The following use cases are proposed for this work item. Note that this is just an initial proposal.

Use Case: Query That Matches a Large Result Set

"A user submits a query that matches a large number of RegistryObjects. The registry returns a more manageable sub-set of the entire result set and allows user to iteratively get the remaining data with subsequent requests. User may either iteratively get the remaining data or choose to make the query more specific thus reducing the result set such that it may be returned in a single response."

Relevant Links

The following resources may be useful:

Next Steps

The following next steps are proposed. We will finalize things as a team.
  1. Begin email discussion on use cases with the proposed use cases as starting points
  2. Agree to a time for a kickoff meeting where we indulge in some free flowing brainstorming and discussion
  3. Determine team rules, milestones, deliverables and action items
  4. Meet periodically over phone to sync on deliverables

Proposed Meeting Time

There is no proposed meeting time until we know who is part of the team and where are they located and what are their preferences. Please send me this information privately if you wish to be part of the team.

Proposed Team Rules

Here are some suggestions:

Proposed Milestones / Deliverables

Immediate Action Items