regrep-raws message

Subject: [Fwd: [ebxmlrr-raws] Meeting Notes: 7/26/2001]

--
Regards,
Farrukh

Team,

I am still sending to the old list since we no longer have control over
when our membership requests are approved? Until then lets copy both
lists.

Let me know of any corrections or omissions.

Attendees
----------

Suresh, John, Dan, Farrukh

Agenda
--------

-kick off the team
-brainstorm on the ideas we bring to the table
-Agree on goals, milestones and deliverables
-determine tasks and divide them for parallel progress

Decisions
----------

-Focus of team is to define normative SOAP based access over HTTP
transport to the registry

-We will use WSDL to define an abstract bind from RS spec to a WSDL
abstract service definition

-We will define a concrete SOAP over HTTP binding in WSDL

-We will use XML Schema for defining the data types and messages

-Agreed on following deliverables for the team:
    -XML schema definition to replace Registry.dtd
    -WSDL description for registry services using SOAP binding
    -Content for V2.0 RS spec to describe how to access registry
services as web services

-Agreed to deliver initial proposal to TC by August 9

-Agreed to the idea that we should get this teams work done fast and
propose putting in a 1.1 spec so existing registries can use it right
away. This will help adoption.

Action Items
-------------

-Review XSD file sent by Farrukh (All)

-Add namespace support to XSD file sent by Farrukh (John)

-Send initial WSDL file to team (Farrukh)

-Scan spec for what changes will be needed and where. Write initial text
where possible (e.g. support for multiple bindings under Architecture
section) (Suresh)

--
Regards,
Farrukh

Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide: "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Get it Now!
http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?a=n094442340008000
http://us.click.yahoo.com/n7RbFC/zhwCAA/yigFAA/NhFolB/TM

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Dr. MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh Najmi
end:vcard