regrep-raws message

Subject: Re: Latest Registry XML Schema and WSDL files

You are correct Joel. The old XML schema is a historical artifact. I will
correct it in the next version. Some of the other errors may be tool bugs. I
will try and get clean results from XML Spy and Authority before next version is
sent out.

I will also redo the rest of the schema file to improve the style some based on
suggestions from you and others. I hope to have an update for the teams review
by Monday. We can discuss it in Mondays meeting:

Logistics
---------
Date: Monday August 13, 2001
Time: 6-7pm US Eastern
US Toll free: 888-422-7116
Intl Dial: 650-250-1218 (Sorry this is not toll free)
Participant ID: 215961

Proposed Agenda:
-------------------
-Review / Walthrough of Schema and WSDL files
-Tactical plan
-Go / No Go decision to go to TC with latest files

"Munter, Joel D" wrote:

> Farrukh,
>
> Why have you referenced the old XML Schema?  I think that you should update
> to:
>         <schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
>
> As we have discussed since your original posting, when loading this file
> into XMLSpy, I am still seeing an error with respect to the "xml:lang"
> attribute within the <RequestAcceptedResponse/> element. As we discussed,
> the real error may be elsewhere.
>
> After clicking through the first error, within XMLSpy, I also see another
> error.  I get an unexpected xsd:sequence error within the "RegistryObject"
> xsd:extension within the "RegistryEntry" xsd:complexType.  Can a sequence by
> defined within an extension?  The section of the schema where this error was
> noted is:
>
> <xsd:complexType name = "RegistryEntry">
>   <xsd:complexContent>
>     <xsd:extension base = "RegistryObject">
>         <xsd:attribute name = "majorVersion" use = "default" value = "1"
> type = "xsd:string"/>
>         <xsd:attribute name = "minorVersion" use = "default" value = "0"
> type = "xsd:string"/>
>         <xsd:attribute name = "status" type = "xsd:string"/>
>         <xsd:attribute name = "userVersion" type = "xsd:string"/>
>         <xsd:attribute name = "stability" use = "default" value = "Dynamic"
> type = "xsd:string"/>
>         <xsd:attribute name = "expirationDate" type = "xsd:string"/>
>         <xsd:attribute name = "objectType" use = "required" type =
> "xsd:string"/>
>         <xsd:sequence>
>           <xsd:element ref = "SlotList" minOccurs = "0"/>
>         </xsd:sequence>
>     </xsd:extension>
>   </xsd:complexContent>
> </xsd:complexType>
>
> XML Designer also reports (within VS.Net Beta2 SP2) reports an error:
> "C:\Off Line Work\Oasis\RegistryTC\Registry.xsd(3): Expected XML Schema
> root. Make sure that the root element is <schema> and the namespace is
> 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'. An error occurred at (3, 2)."  The line
> referenced is:
> <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd = "http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema">
>
> Joel

Regards,
Farrukh

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Dr. MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh Najmi
end:vcard