regrep-raws message

Subject: more: RE: Defining TRP bound web services in WSDL

As I look more and more into the ebXML messaging service, I am left
wondering whether or not this WSDL work for it makes any sense.  We can
define MS in WSDL, sure, but to what end if both the client and server
have to adhere to the MS contract anyway.  With SOAP based web services,
what you see is what you get.  There is no routing or reliable messaging
unless you implement them yourself.

The one reason for proceeding that I can see is to make it simple to
generate stubs with a TRP library for accessing a service.
Unfortunately, defining a concrete web service will not help that cause,
and an abstract web service would simply not contain the crucial bits
(the wsdl binding that makes sure everything is placed correctly into
the SOAP envelope).

If there are no arguments to this, I will drop it and help with any
other action items that need attention.

Matthew MacKenzie
XML Global Technologies, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM]
Sent: September 23, 2001 6:37 AM
To: Matthew Mackenzie
Cc: regrep-raws@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: Defining TRP bound web services in WSDL

Matt,

Thanks for making this valuable contribution. I think it will have even
broader implications that our TC.

It would be helpful if you include the diagram from ebXML Messaging
Service
spec that shows how the SOAP header, body, ebXML header elements,
manifest,
request, payload etc. are laid out. Since many of us do not keep up with
that
spec this one picture would help a lot. Also I think you could say less
on how
to use WSDL and simply refer to the WSDL spec.

I believe you may have swapped by accident soap-header and soap-body
tags on
messageHeader and manifest. messageHeader should be described by
soap-header
and manifest should be described by soap-body.

One of teh critical things missing at the moment as far I can see is
that we
need to tie this with the existing RAWS abstract service definition for
the
registry. We currently have the following files (attached):

Registry.xsd    #XSD Schema replacing Registry.dtd
Registry.wsdl    #Abstract service definition for registry service
RegistrySOAPBinding.wsdl    #Concrete binding to SOAP/HTTP for abstract
service definition in Registry.wsdl

What we need is a Registry_ebXML_MS_Binding.wsdl to provide a concrete
binding
to ebXML Messaging Service for abstract service definition in
Registry.wsdl

I would be glad to work with you on this. We may also want someone fom
TRP to
look over our shoulder. I can talk to Chris Ferris for example.

--
Regards,
Farrukh

--