regrep-raws message

Subject: [regrep-raws] FYI: WSDL, RAWS, and UDDI

I have been designing and constructing a tModel in UDDI based on the (RAWS)
WSDL files posted on Oasis-Open.org.  I wanted to take some time to
communicate to you a recommended (UDDI Best Practice) way to model this.

The Oasis ebXML Registry TC has posted two WSDL files:

The first is intended to be abstract and NOT bound to any particular
transport
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/documents/2.0/services/Registry.
wsdl

The second is intended to be concrete and IS specific to a particular
transport
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/documents/2.0/services/RegistryS
OAPBinding.wsdl

In UDDI, I have defined a link (it is called <overviewURL/>) within the
tModel referencing the Oasis ebXML Registry TC WSDL file, named
RegistrySOAPBinding.wsdl.  You should note that within this file is an
import processing instruction that effectively pulls in the abstract
definition Registry/WSDL file.

<!--Import the definition of the abstract OASIS ebXML Registry services-->
<import namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-regrep:services:wsdl:2.0"

location="http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/documents/2.0/services
/Registry.wsdl"/>

This allows the abstract file to be "re-used" with any other "concrete"
binding.

The UDDI V1/V2 compliant tModel can then be modeled as shown below.

<tModel tModelKey="uuid:---some unique key---">
    <name>ebXML:RegistryServices</name>
    <description lang="en">ebXML: Registry as Web Service</description>
    <overviewDoc>
      <description lang="en">ebXML: Reg/Rep Service (RAWS)</description>
      <overviewURL>

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/documents/2.0/services/RegistryS
OAPBinding.wsdl
      </overviewURL>
    </overviewDoc>
    <categoryBag>
      <keyedReference tModelKey="uuid:C1ACF26D-9672-4404-9D70-39B756E62AB4"
		keyName="uddi: A specification"
		keyValue="wsdlSpecification"/>
</tModel>

Thanks,