regrep-security message

Subject: Fwd: Review Security Info Model(2nd)

I apologize for sitting on this...it got lost in my inbox.

--lisa

From: "Jong.L Kim" <jjlkim@innodigital.co.kr>
To: "Lisa Carnahan" <lisa.carnahan@nist.gov>
Subject: Review Security Info Model(2nd)
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 09:46:39 +0900

Dear Lisa,

I was late to send this.

# Problem
Following contents are
mutually antinomic.
if first content is right, permission have to manage
service.

On the contrary if
second content is right,
security can not be executed before processing of service.
It means security must be executed to each method in it while service is
in processing.
It looks like package of "java.security" in
JDK.

# Security Info Model Contents(segREG.pdf)
EbXML Registry Security Proposal
Technical Architecture Security Team

May 10, 2001

*First content
 319 3.4. Security Processing
 325 3.4.1. Authentication
 339 3.4.2. Examine Transaction Rights on Object Request
(Authorization)
 346 3.4.3. Registry Bootstrap
 351 3.4.4. Content Submission  processing done by the Registry
Client
 354 3.4.5. Content Submission  processing done Registry
Service
 374 3.4.6. Content Delete/Deprecate  processing done by the
Registry Client
 378 3.4.7. Content Delete/Deprecate  processing done Registry
Service

*Second content
 300 While privileges deal with groups, roles et al, the permissions
deal with the
 301 methods of an object and tie them to privileges. The permission
is an ¡°and¡±
 302 operation (or a cumulative) . i.e. an entity can access the
method of a
 303 RegistryObject only if it has all the privileges as detailed by
the privilage
 304 object.