regrep-security message

Subject: RE: Error Response for signature Validation failure

Sekhar,

Good point. ebXML MSG already has an error code
for Signature failure - see TRP 1.0 section 8.8.5.2
"SecurityFailure." Were you asking whether we need
more application level semantic added to the error
message? I am not sure how best to do this with MSG.
For V2.0, perhaps we can limit to simply specifying
that the specifed error would be flagged, and assume
error handling is done by MSG?

Yet another option is to use SOAP Fault. This will work
even if we do not use MSG. Something to look at later.

Regards,
-Suresh

-----Original Message-----
From: sekhar vajjhala [mailto:sekhar.vajjhala@Sun.COM]
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 3:52 PM
To: regrep-security@lists.oasis-open.org

One thing I did not specify in the usage of XML DSIG for Registry,
is what happens if there is a signature validation failure .

Specifically, the behaviour needs to be specified for the case
where the Registry's validation of the Registry Client's signature
fails. In this case the Registry would have to return and ebXML error
message.

But should there be a more detailed error code ? In Version 1.0 of the
Registry Spec, the DTD at the end seems to be indicate that
an error code from ebMS (ebXML Message Service) specification would
be returned.

--
Sekhar