regrep-security message

Subject: Re: XMLdisg usage doc ( Version 0.2 - 10/2/01)

sekhar vajjhala wrote:

> "Damodaran, Suresh" wrote:
> >
> > Sekhar,
> >
> > To obtain a cert, as we discussed earlier,
> > using the contract between Registry Operator and RC
> > is a valid technique. Is this an update you plan
> > to add by tomorrow - don't want to leave this option out.
>
> Yes. I was planning to update add this option in addition to
> what is already in the proposal rather than replacing what
> is in the proposal.
>
> Sekhar

Suresh,

I realized after I sent the above response that the document
(ver 0.2, 10/2/01) already assumes unspecified contract between
Registry Operator and RC. i.e. the certificate is never sent from
Registry Operator and RC and vice versa in the KeyInfo field - but
this only applies to header signatures.

For payload signatures, the certificates may have to be sent.

This was already in the document (ver 0.2, 10/2/01). I just
clarified the wording in the latest version (ver 0.2, 10/3/01).

If you still think I am not addressing the issue, please let me know.

Sekhar