Subject: Re: [regrep-semantic] Thoughts??? on Ontolog Invited SpeakerPresentation - Leo Obrst

Zachary Alexander wrote:

>Here are a couple questions I would suggest:
>	*What domains are we proposing to serve?

All domains. ebXML Registry is meant to be a generic domain and content
neutral standard.

>	*What is the natural timeline for a project of this type?

Based on past experience I propose the following:

-SC provide SCM Use Cases document by end of February for TC review

-SC provide SCM Requirements document by end of April for TC review

-SC provide outline of SCM technical proposal by end of June for TC review

-SC provide detailed SCM technical proposal by end of September for TC
review

Deliverables and milestones would be a major topic of discussion for our
kickoff meeting.

>	*Is there a time constraint that we are working under?

There are no hard constraints. Things will take as long as they need to
and will depend on the level of contributions by members.
Ideally it would be nice to have the SC deliverables wrapped up by end
of 2004.

>	*What kind(s)of domain outreach make sense?

Having said we need to be domain neutral I do think doing outreach in
specific domains is a very good idea.
I would propose egov and medicine. An intersection of the two would be
even better.

--
Regards,
Farrukh