Subject: Re: [regrep-semantic] Thoughts??? on Ontolog Invited SpeakerPresentation - Leo Obrst

ewallace@cme.nist.gov wrote:
Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM wrote:
Zachary Alexander wrote:

-SC provide SCM Use Cases document by end of February for TC review

Shouldn't some additional recruitment occur prior to finalizing requirements?
Were there folks from other groups within the OASIS/ebXML community who were
interested the formation of this group?  If so, perhaps they could be recruited
or at least debriefed for their requirements.

Perhaps the UBL semantics could be stored in this repository.?

You are right that requirements cannot be frozen so early.
Maybe we would could iterate on requirements if necessary.
As in an Iterative rather than waterfall process.
-SC provide SCM Requirements document by end of April for TC review

-SC provide outline of SCM technical proposal by end of June for TC review

For someone who is completely new to this group, can you provide some details
about the form and kind of content found in a technical proposal like this?

There are some prior examples that I can dig up in the archives:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep-cooperating/200208/msg00000.html

Above is the final proposal from the Cooperating Registries SC.
The format is designed to make it easy to incoporate in the specs.

We can improve on this format for our proposal.

An outline would be essentially a table of contents for the detailed final proposal.
Deliverables and milestones would be a major topic of discussion for our
kickoff meeting.

Will this meeting be a telecon or face-to-face?

Telecon is what I would suggest given travel budgets are tight.
Sorry to ask so many questions!
I am glad you did.
--
Regards,