Subject: Does Taxonomy = Semantic Content Management???

<David RR Webber>Now here's the other bit of good news - the ebXML Registry with its classification system and RIM already has a giant chunk of what we need to get a Version 1.0 system up and functioning.  I think that should also be our mantra here too - look for lowhanging fruit - that will enable significant progress, and worry about the really clever tough stuff after we've got some solid metrics to base our understanding on.</David RR Webber>

The ebXML Registry already supports taxonomies.  Support for taxonomies equate too roughly to OWL Lite.  Does taxonomy support (i.e., roughly OWL Lite) constitute Semantic Content Management Support? Does that set the bar high enough to entice members of the Semantic Web Community to choose the ebXML Registry over some other “knowledge repository” that supports OWL DL or OWL Full?

Note: OWL Lite, OWL DL and OWL Full are just examples that show higher levels of semantic/knowledge expressivity.

Zachary Alexander

The IT Investment Architect

ebTDesign LLC, (703) 283-4325

http://www.ebTDesign.com | http://www.p2pspeaker.com