Subject: Re: [regrep-semantic] [Q] Is there a need for Semantic ContentManagement Ontology

David RR Webber wrote:
Zachary,

The OASIS BCM work could certain be distilled in this area
to provide a formal ontology if you desired.  At the moment
though the details are woven into the fabric of BCM, and
not really designed to be standalone.  One  of the outcomes
of applying the five steps in the BCM method would be
completing populating that ontology for your specific
industry domain / CoI.

DW.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Zachary Alexander" <zack2003@ebtdesign.com>

Would this constitute a Semantic Content Management Ontology???

David,

Recall my arguments in favour of  CAM discussions being premature and out of scope for SCM SC at this stage.

Using exactly the same arguments expressed in:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep-semantic/200401/msg00017.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep-semantic/200401/msg00019.html

I feel that BCM and Visual Script is out of scope for the SCM SC TC at this stage.

Please do not feel that I am stiffling free flowing discussion in this forum but I must keep our discussion
within a reasonable scope envelope.

If anyone else feels that CAM, BCF or visualscript is in scope then I am open minded to hear their arguments.
Until then let us stay closer to topics like use cases, scoping discussions, ontologies, OWL, OWL-S, RDF, Topic Maps, semantic query syntax etc.

Thanks for your understanding.

--
Regards,
Farrukh