Subject: Re: [regrep-semantic] [Use Case] EKW1 Ontology search for ontologydevelopment

(Copying list as this is of general value)

I agree with Evans points.

BTW is there anyone who is able to organize our use cases as set of hyperlinked web pages under our document tree.
This would be a big help.

ewallace@cme.nist.gov wrote:
Farrukh asked:

Evan,

This use case

[Ontology search supporting ontology development -Evan]

seems like a sub-use case of:

[Use Case] #3 Collaborative ontology development

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep-semantic/200401/msg00035.html

Do you and others see it that way too?

Yes.  Particularly given some of the flow descriptions in Use Case 3.
Perhaps its an alternative flow?

Described in Use Case 3 terms, Use Case 8 was about searching the repository
to discover subgraphs which model some extendable domain of interest, and
then creating a new subgraph which extends the one(s) discovered.  The new
subgraph then may or may not be uploaded to the repository.  Note though that
my use case carefully avoided concerns related to multiple editors of a single
subgraph.  That is an important, but different, use case (subcase of 3).
Its worth pointing out that Use Case 8 was just one stab at ontology
discovery.  A more thorough exploration of this should be done to define
requirements.

I think the best way to relate the existing use cases is to add a use case
relationship to 8 which states that it is a subcase of 3, and broaden 3
sufficiently to support this.

-Evan

--
Regards,