Subject: common terms for SCM and questions on DW scenarios

I think that we are rapidly approaching the point where we must address
the concern that Zach brought up before.  That is, we need a common
understanding of the terms we are using in our goal statements, scenarios,
design documents, presentations and any other work product of this group.
The ultimate form for this would be a SCM ontology, but I would be happy
with a glossary.  Certainly, some of the terms that I find foreign are
defined in other ebXML/OASIS documents.  It would be helpful for me if
the sources for each of these terms were identified.

Below are some questions regarding David Weber's two use cases.  Many
of these questions stem from the terminology issue.

Questions regarding DW scenarios:

BPcatalog scenario:

  "By defining semantics for BP catalogue entries in Registry we can
  provide a consistent way to package a BP definition, including all
  the necessary components (CPA, BPSS, Transactions, Context use
  rules) so that industry groups can quickly build re-usable
  dictionaries of BP catalogues."

- What is the form for these semantics?
- Why would such a catalog include a CPA?  Aren't these dependent on
participants in a Business Process?
- What is a dictionary of catalogues?

Basic Flow:
  "analyst #1 assembles a collection of BP components, such as CPA,
  BPSS, business transaction definitions, and context mechanism
  details and publishes as a semantic object in XML to registry"

Where are the semantics?

  "analyst #1 assigns classification and taxonomy to BP catalogue entry"

Does this step correspond to "insert a RIM:Classification object into
the repository as a component of a RegistryObject instance?"  It
appears that such an object should include associations with a
ClassificationNode and the ClassificationScheme which contains that
node.

Alternate Flow:
  "1.machine process retrieves semanticdetails of BP catalogue entry
  as XML and then automatically configures ebXML components
  accordingly (CPA - directs ebMS, BPSS - directs BP engine, et al)."

Can you provide some example semanticdetails?

=====

Dictionary scenario

What are "physical nouns"?

-Evan