Subject: Re: [regrep-semantic] Semantic searching use case / challenge

IMO - I would not require this to be a feature since this is concerned
with graphical representation and forcing vendors is wrong.

The functionality can be delivered by a contextual search capability
combined with secondary efficiency mechanism.  When we designed GoXML,
we kicked around the idea of caching the most commonly requested
searches so the results did not have to be generated at run time.  Many
existing SE vendors also employ algorithms to determine which results
are clicked on the most and that raises their relevancy score.

If we design the search component to provide meaningful results, vendors
can freely offer clustered search results, pre cached results and employ
secondary mechanisms to present the searches that they deem fit.

I did like what you showed me, just not sure we should make it a
mandatory part of the spec.

Duane

--
Senior Standards Strategist