Subject: RE: [regrep-semantic] Groups - DataCenterindscenario.htm uploaded

By addressing this Industry Scenario the  ebXML RIM should support
artifacts within the scope of a Data Center Management Language.

Other than having SPML conversations about provisioning a Data Center
'web service' I do not see them competing in the same space.

 I understand that the DCML.org are working towards creating an ONTOLOGY
(thus some form of serialization) for ...

- Basic concepts, defining how to represent the three types of DCML
information (environment, library, and blueprint) for any type of
managed entity.
- XML representation, defining how to represent DCML documents in
XML, including any high-level XML extensions used to define DCML
(e.g., RDF/XML, XML schema Part 2, XML-ENC).
- Extensibility, defining how the DCML specification is to be
extended, both by official DCML working groups producing well
known extensions and by other parties producing ad hoc private or
bilaterally agreed upon extensions.
- Naming, defining how DCML components are named and referred to
and how existing namespaces are incorporated. It is specifically
a goal of DCML not to impose any new namespace(s) on the
installed base.
- Security, defining the generic mechanisms by which DCML
information may be protected from unauthorized access and
tampering.
- Partial and full DCML document constructs, defining how DCML can
represent both the complete description of a managed entity or
data center environment (e.g., to facilitate disaster recovery)
as well as partial information about an entity (e.g., to
facilitate change management).
- Processing rules, defining common procedures to be followed by
DCML implementations when processing a DCML document.
- External references, defining the mechanisms by which a DCML
document can refer to other DCML documents, objects outside of a
DCML document (e.g., a large binary software package), and
complementary non-DCML information (e.g., a CIM or SDM
specification).
- Versioning, defining how DCML schema documents are versioned.

<quote who="Zachary Alexander">
> <Carl>The Registry/Repository provides support capabilities for the Data
> Center Markup Language which is an emerging standard data format and
> corresponding data model a.k.a. ontology. </Carl>
> *	How does Data Center Markup Language differ from other XML
> payloads?
> *	Does the use of Data Center Markup Language have serialization
> implications?
> *	Does the Data Center Markup Language compete with OASIS SPML
> 1.0?
> *	Why would we use Data Center Markup Language instead of OASIS
> SPML 1.0?
> *	Is there a Data Center Markup Language ontology or would the
> Semantic Registry Team have to create one?
> *	What would the Data Center Markup Language ontology do?
> *	What are the implications to the ebXML RIM?
>
> Zachary Alexander
> The IT Investment Architect
> ebTDesign LLC, (703) 283-4325
> http://www.ebTDesign.com | http://www.p2pspeaker.com
> http://www.p2peconomy.com | http://www.itinvestmentvehicle.com

Carl Mattocks

co-Chair OASIS ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC
CEO CHECKMi
v/f (usa) 908 322 8715
www.CHECKMi.com
Semantically Smart Compendiums