Subject: RE: [regrep-semantic] Groups - New Action Item #0000 Issue: Do we need to choose Ontology representation

ebTDesign LLC, (703) 283-4325
http://www.ebTDesign.com | http://www.p2pspeaker.com
http://www.p2peconomy.com | http://www.itinvestmentvehicle.com

-----Original Message-----
From: ewallace@cme.nist.gov [mailto:ewallace@cme.nist.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 9:42 AM
To: regrep-semantic@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [regrep-semantic] Groups - New Action Item #0000 Issue: Do
we need to choose Ontology representation

Farrukh:

You wrote:

>Number: #0000
>Owner: Farrukh Najmi (Farrukh.najmi@sun.com)
>

>Comments:
>Farrukh Najmi  2004-02-24 13:35 GMT
>Should ebXML Registry define a specific ontology representation format
>(e.g. OWL) or should it define a more abstract model that allows for
>multiple Ontology formats to be supported.

Please, instead of "define a specific ontology representation format"
let's
say "select a specific ontology representation format".  We certainly
should not be inventing a new one, and I don't think you mean that we
should.

BTW - should we use the above format for posting future issues, or is
there a tool we should be using for submitting them?

-Evan