Subject: RE: [regrep-semantic] PR2: Explicit support for OWL Ontology/Class in place of ClassificationScheme / ClassificationNode

Farrukh,

I think that this violates ebXML version 1.06 requirements.  The ebXML registry should be payload neutral.  I think that this should trigger a change in the charter of this subcommittee.  I think the charter should be changed to explicitly state that this subcommittee is dedicated to creating an OWL based ebXML Registry.

Zachary Alexander

The IT Investment Architect

ebTDesign LLC, (703) 283-4325

http://www.ebTDesign.com | http://www.p2peconomy.com | http://www.itinvestmentvehicle.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 9:04 AM
To: Registry TC - SCM SC

PR2. Explicit support for OWL Ontology/Class in place of ClassificationScheme / ClassificationNode

Allow use of an OWL Ontology in ebXML Registry wherever we use ClassificationSchemes in Version 3.
Allow use of an OWL Class in ebXML Registry wherever we use ClassificationNodes in Version 3.

Motivation: Enable multiple-inheritance which was not possible in ClassificationScheme. Enable use cases 4,5,6,9

--
Regards,
Farrukh